9 studies support the rejection of polices to segregate the unvaccinated from the vaccinated in the current COVID-19 emergency
by Paul Alexander
No! None. There is no evidence to support this unethical, violative, and illogical policy and action. Tearing societies apart with no sound justification. Governments and their COVID Task Force advisors who engage in this action have stepped out of the mainstream of civility and good governance and into the realm of lunacy, alike the lockdown lunatics who caused crushing harms and deaths on our societies the last 22 months. With their specious and nonsensical school closures and lockdowns. It is as if they cannot read the data or understand the science. These lockdown lunatics like Fauci and Francis Collins, caused the deaths of thousands of people, business owners, employees, and our children who just could not hold on any longer and ended their lives. I present to you the existing research evidence that has accumulated to show that there is essentially no difference between the COVID vaccinated and unvaccinated in terms of becoming infected, harboring virus (viral load in the oral and nasopharynx), and transmitting it. The findings below are compelling as they are both relevant and troubling and really underscores no difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, and that the vaccines have essentially failed against the Delta variant (or at the least has gotten much weaker). Preliminary evidence indicates the same against the omicron variant.
For example, as it relates to omicron, two recent small but interesting and important preliminary studies continue to show that the vaccine is failing and the key CDC finding was that approximately 80% of the omicron cases were double vaccinated. This is a huge concern. For example:
1) Wilhelm et al. reported on reduced neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 omicron variant by vaccine sera and monoclonal antibodies. “in vitro findings using authentic SARS-CoV-2 variants indicate that in contrast to the currently circulating Delta variant, the neutralization efficacy of vaccine-elicited sera against Omicron was severely reduced highlighting T-cell mediated immunity as essential barrier to prevent severe COVID-19.”
2) CDC reported on the details for 43 cases of COVID-19 attributed to the Omicron variant. They found that “34 (79%) occurred in persons who completed the primary series of an FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine ≥14 days before symptom onset or receipt of a positive SARS-CoV-2 test result.”
With a focus on Delta variant, Gazit et al., Acharya et al., Riemersma et al., Chemaitelly et al., Subramanian and Kumar, Chau et al., Shitrit et al., Hetemaki et al., Levin et al., Rosenberg et al., Suthar et al., Nordström et al., Yahi et al., Goldberg et al., Singanayagam et al., Keehner et al., Juthani et al., Embi et al. at the CDC , Eyre et al., Levine-Tiefenbrun et al., Puranki et al., Saade et al., Canaday et al., Israel et al., Salvatore et al., Eyran et al., Andeweg et al., and Di Fusco et al. have shown us that the vaccinated can indeed become infected, can harbor the virus, and potentially transmit. The vaccines have failed on the Delta (or at least have gotten very weak). The UK is one of the nations that give us very granular data near weekly and their reports show that it is the vaccinated who is getting more infected. In the UK data (reports 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47), there is evidence of elevated infection in the vaccinated and depressed N antibody levels in persons who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination. Some estimates are that as much as eighty percent of hospitalizations and deaths in the UK have been double and in some instances, triple vaccinated. Now Israel and UK moving into the 4th booster. Pfizer is calling for it. Again, the vaccine has failed and far less evidence than what I have just presented will usually be used to pull a vaccine out of general population use (mass vaccination). Again, something other than science seems at play here.
But what is going on in someone’s mind to get them to a place to take a 3rd and incredibly a 4th shot, when the prior ones (same) failed? I find this incredibly unsettling that people seem to be under some form of mass hypnosis. We were told take on shot, then two, then need a mask, or two, then need to social distance, then need to have masks and vaccines on a plane or elsewhere, then need a booster, now even talks of a 4th. Give us 2 weeks to ‘bend the curve’ and prepare hospitals and we gave 22 weeks. We have been misled and lied to at each step of the way, under Trump’s Task Force and now under Biden’s people. Pure lies and duplicity. And why would we vaccinate children when they bring near zero risk to the table and only the potential for harm from the vaccines. It skews all risk and no benefit.
As it relates to the vaccinated and unvaccinated being similar in terms of infection, viral load, and transmission capacity, and thus no underlying evidence to separate them societally, we specifically focus on and present (and based largely on Delta variant data):
1) Salvatore et al. examined the transmission potential of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant in a federal prison, July-August 2021. They found a total of 978 specimens were provided by 95 participants, “of whom 78 (82%) were fully vaccinated and 17 (18%) were not fully vaccinated…clinicians and public health practitioners should consider vaccinated persons who become infected with SARS-CoV-2 to be no less infectious than unvaccinated persons.”
2) Singanayagam et al. examined the transmission and viral load kinetics in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with mild delta variant infection in the community. They found that (in 602 community contacts (identified via the UK contract-tracing system) of 471 UK COVID-19 index cases were recruited to the Assessment of Transmission and Contagiousness of COVID-19 in Contacts cohort study and contributed 8145 upper respiratory tract samples from daily sampling for up to 20 days) “vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts.”
3) Chia et al. reported that PCR cycle threshold (Ct) values were “similar between both vaccinated and unvaccinated groups at diagnosis, but viral loads decreased faster in vaccinated individuals. Early, robust boosting of anti-spike protein antibodies was observed in vaccinated patients, however, these titers were significantly lower against B.1.617.2 as compared with the wildtype vaccine strain.”
4) Israel, 2021 looked at Large-scale study of antibody titer decay following BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine or SARS-CoV-2 infection, and reported as “To determine the kinetics of SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies following administration of two doses of BNT162b2 vaccine, or SARS-CoV-2 infection in unvaccinated individuals…In vaccinated subjects, antibody titers decreased by up to 40% each subsequent month while in convalescents they decreased by less than 5% per month. Six months after BNT162b2 vaccination 16.1% subjects had antibody levels below the sero-positivity threshold of <50 AU/mL, while only 10.8% of convalescent patients were below <50 AU/mL threshold after 9 months from SARS-CoV-2 infection.”
5) In the UK COVID-19 vaccine Surveillance Report for week #42, it was noted that there is “waning of the N antibody response over time” and “that N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination.” The same report (Table 2, page 13), shows that in the older age groups above 30, the double vaccinated persons have greater infection risk than the unvaccinated, presumably because the latter group include more people with stronger natural immunity from prior Covid disease. See also UK PHE reports 43, 44, 45, 46 for similar data.
6) In Barnstable, Massachusetts, Brown et al. found that among 469 cases of COVID-19, 74% were fully vaccinated, and that “the vaccinated had on average more virus in their nose than the unvaccinated who were infected.”
7) Riemersma et al. found “no difference in viral loads when comparing unvaccinated individuals to those who have vaccine “breakthrough” infections. Furthermore, individuals with vaccine breakthrough infections frequently test positive with viral loads consistent with the ability to shed infectious viruses.” Results indicate that “if vaccinated individuals become infected with the delta variant, they may be sources of SARS-CoV-2 transmission to others.” They reported “low Ct values (<25) in 212 of 310 fully vaccinated (68%) and 246 of 389 (63%) unvaccinated individuals. Testing a subset of these low-Ct samples revealed infectious SARS-CoV-2 in 15 of 17 specimens (88%) from unvaccinated individuals and 37 of 39 (95%) from vaccinated people.”
8) Ignoring the risk of infection, given that someone was infected, Acharya et al. found “no significant difference in cycle threshold values between vaccinated and unvaccinated, asymptomatic and symptomatic groups infected with SARS-CoV-2 Delta.”
9) Gazit et al. out of Israel showed that “SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccinees had a 13-fold (95% CI, 8-21) increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected.”
After looking at the accumulated evidence so far, in my opinion, the verdict is in. There is no basis to separate the vaccinated from the unvaccinated in society (evidence above) as this confers no benefit. This policy must be stopped immediately! In closing, it is now abundantly clear that the COVID-19 vaccines are imperfect and ‘leaky’ (leaky vaccines do not stop infection or transmission and allows for immune escape) and do not sterilize the COVID virus (are non-neutralizing or lose this capacity very quickly). These vaccines show that the more vaccinated a nation or setting is, the more problems they are having with the vaccine in terms of escalating infections. The data is clear that the vaccinated and unvaccinated are similar in terms of COVID virus and the vaccinated can potentially transmit as efficiently as some who are completely unprotected. Immunity from the vaccines seem to be only about 4 to 5 months and thus how could anyone think we can achieve population level herd immunity with these vaccines? It is virtually impossible that these vaccines could get us to herd immunity as they do not cut the chain of transmission. There is zero chance of this!