Bobbie-Anne Cox, lawyer, sued Governor Hochul and AG James of New York and got one of the most devastating COVID lockdown (quarantine) pieces of law/policy stuck down
by Paul Alexander
Department of Health had a regulation called "Isolation & Quarantine Procedures" which specifically set forth a provision therein that said they (the State) could use local law enforcement to enforce
para New York State Governor Kathy Hochul and her Department of Health had a regulation called "Isolation & Quarantine Procedures" which specifically set forth a provision therein that said they (the State) could use local law enforcement to enforce their orders of isolation/quarantine.
Cox sued the Governor and her DOH over this regulation, and in July, won. The court struck it down and barred the State from enforcing it. However, Hochul and Attorney General Letitia James have filed a notice of appeal against Cox. They want the power back!
For anyone not familiar with this reg, it allowed the DOH to pick and choose which New Yorkers it could lock up / lock down:
- they chose for how long
- they chose which detention center/facility/camp you went to
- they controlled your every move whilst locked up
- there was no way to negotiate your way out (ie offer to test to prove you didn't have a disease)
- no emergency state needed to enforce this
- they could use local law enforcement to enforce
- it required doctors to report to the government anyone SUSPECTED of having a comm. disease
- no age restriction (ie you, your child, grandchild, grandparent were all game)
- and NO PROOF REQUIRED THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A DISEASE
Cox Lawyers, PLLC