The COVID-19 pandemic was over near 16 to 18 months ago but the craven lockdown lunatics did not seem to understand this: a suggested plan to immediately emerge from COVID carnage
by Paul Alexander
My 14-step plan, revisited and updated with Omicron
The COVID-19 pandemic has been over from my view for 16 months now but do not tell that to the CDC, NIH, COVID Task Forces, and establishment lockdown lunatics who repeatedly responded by locking down longer and harder. These craven, power-drunk technocrats and bureaucrats operated ex cathedra and deceptively and duplicitously used the concepts of asymptomatic spread, recurrent infection, equal risk to all if exposed and infected, regardless of age and risk profile, no available effective drugs, inferior natural immunity relative to vaccine immunity, and a flawed, overly sensitive and over-cycle RT-PCR test that was denoting everything as positive yet with a 95% false positive rate with any cycle count threshold above 24. Every statement, every action by these lockdown COVID Task Force lunatics were meant to deceive and they engaged in a pandemic of propaganda and fear. As an example, asymptomatic spread and recurrent infection is (was) rare and these lunatics knew it yet used deception and lies by omission to drive your mask wearing compliance and willingness to lockdown near indefinitely in wait for a vaccine that is shown to be ineffective and unsafe for many people. The COVID response moved quickly from being a public health response to a political response and operated so under POTUS Trump’s administration and Task Force and now under POTUS Biden’s administration.
That said, the dawn of spring is coming and a recent seminal publication by Jeffery A. Tucker of Brownstone Institute provides the impetus for my submission as I wish to take his crescendo clarion call one step further. I can see the rays of sunlight and can already smell the freshly cut grass and decided to write once again. Can you smell it? Can you feel what is coming? But you know we have to be brave and courageous for the forces aligned against us are real and banal.
The truth is their (these insane duplicitous COVID technocrats) response is coming apart and these lockdown lunatics are quickly losing the narrative for a disease that is very near completely treatable. I think they will manifest (react hysterically to a near benign expected variant for viruses mutate and variants WILL emerge) even more variants to try to hold onto the power they hold over us and is slipping away e.g. the Omicron. What they do not grasp is if we actually all were infected with Omicron, if it is highly infectious but very very mild and especially for our children, then this is actually very beneficial (for our healthy children) as the reporting at present indicates Omicron is much more milder than even Delta and even less mild than the common cold. Non-lethal. I am talking about natural exposure ‘harmlessly’.
Jeff Tucker raises very critical questions and you could actually taste the emotion and he is pleading for accountability of all those involved in the societal destruction. He wants them to be held to account and I agree 100%. He understands the devastation and the pain caused by these crazed narcissistic and egotistical lockdown lunatics. I was there, I had a stint in the US government (HHS) and can tell you that POTUS Trump repeatedly begged the states and schools to re-open and I give him tremendous credit, for he knew of reports of business owners, of employees, and of our little children committing suicide across America due not to the virus, but to the lockdowns and school closures. They tried, our children tried, but many were wracked with anxiety, depression, and sheer confusion and sadly, just could not hold on. Something other than science was at play and certainly the CDC was the last kid on the block following any science, particularly with the unholy alliance with the teachers unions on keeping schools closed.
We learnt very early on, maybe one month in (April 2020), that COVID-19 was amenable to risk stratification and that your baseline risk was prognostic on the severity of outcome and mortality. We knew who the high-risk group was and that the vast majority of persons would have no problem with COVID-19. We knew that an age-risk stratified approach was optimal (focused on the vulnerable and high-risk) and which was a more ‘focused’ approach (GBD). Gupta and Kulldorff writes “a key feature of COVID-19 is that there is more than a thousand-fold difference in the risk of death between the oldest and the youngest”. Yet the lockdown lunatics disregarded this focused approach and sought to implement a carte blanch approach that was devastating and grossly ineffective. The lockdown lunatics just refused to follow the actual science. They seemed unable to read the data or the science, and was blinded to it by their political and personal biases. This costed lives!
For example, if we considered COVID vaccines and a risk-stratified approach, we know that we vaccinate teens and young College-aged persons for meningococcal meningitis and not young children or elderly persons. We also know we vaccinate older (elderly) persons for pneumococcal pneumonia and not children. Why? Because we tailor the vaccines towards where the risk resides. Then why are we vaccinating children and young persons for COVID-19 when the at-risk group remains elderly persons (mean age of 82 years) with underlying medical conditions? COVID is not an illness of infants, children or young people. Period. This is where the insanity of the response comes in. Just look at the situation where we have Israel and the UK moving to the 4th booster and Israel even seeming to indicate that boosters will be forever. We need to follow this reporting closely to verify if this is accurate reporting for this raises huge possible implications for the immune system etc.
Imagine that we were told that lockdowns were needed to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed so that other non-COVID illnesses could be addressed, as well as to ensure that medical resources were not tapped out. We were asked for two weeks to ‘bend the curve’ and we gave them 22 months and they used billions if not trillions of tax payer money for PPE etc. Yet look around. They are whispering again about lockdowns using the non-consequential Omicron variant as we approach the winter so that hospitals do not get overwhelmed. So where did the tax payer money go? Did hospitals and governments not use the money to prepare the hospitals? Something stinks to high heavens and we must investigate where the money went? Locking down to prepare hospitals should not be on the table.
POTUS Trump gained my deep admiration as he begged and fought with Fauci and Birx near daily to set politics aside and to really follow the science. It was a clown car show daily. Yet he failed to fire them when he should have, early on. In my opinion, this was a mistake and they worked to subvert him and harmed the country. Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx are the modern-day Horsemen of the Apocalypse and architects of the greatest public health disaster in US/global history. We know Trump was misled and we know he tried to do good, and we await POTUS Trump to find the words to tell us “This did not work and I was misled and I take full responsibility for the lockdowns and the vaccines. I want to help fix this devastation for the vaccines brought under me are not as effective or safe as they were reported to be, including to me. I cannot stand by as Americans are harmed by these vaccines and our children are put at risk.” If he utters these words or similar, he will be loved by all for Americans are suffering, their societies and lives being torn apart by the reckless and unscientific vaccine mandates.
The present administration is going much further and seeking to strip people of liberties and rights and seem deranged with the vaccine mandates as they force vaccines on children who do not need these safety untested vaccines. Children bring near statistical zero risk to the table and this vaccine is all risk and no benefit to children. We should be gratified that court cases have been lost thus far by the Biden administration on mandates.
We live in an era that saw the two greatest public health blunders and catastrophes in history, and none of these policies or statements were underpinned by the actual science we were seeing. I looked at over 400 studies and pieces of evidence and reports/writings on lockdown, school closures, mask mandates, and masking and I can safely say that all of these policies were catastrophic failures. They were ineffective and actually harmful and costed lives. These lockdown lunatic people devastated the United States by their illogical and unsound COVID policies and revealed a depth of academic sloppiness and laziness, a failure to read and understand the science at hand, and a sheer blindness to it and in my opinion due to their own political biases.
It is no mistaking that lockdowns, school closures, mask mandates, and all of the Covid-19 pandemic restrictive policies societies we were subjected to over the last near 22 months have all failed catastrophically. I can find not one example of any success. Not one! Governments did devastating things to their societies and the costs have been staggering in terms of damage to mental health of populations, the consequential rise in hunger and poverty, the crushing effects on economies, the loss of education, escalated costs to healthcare and the delayed and cancelled care for non-Covid illnesses, and the impact on crime. Tens if not hundreds of thousands (and potentially millions) were denied treatment for other medical conditions.
The reality is that lockdowns did not protect the vulnerable, but rather harmed the vulnerable and shifted the morbidity and mortality burden to the underprivileged. To the poorer in our societies. We instead locked down the ‘well’ and healthy in our societies, while at the same time failing to properly protect the actual group that lockdowns were proposed to protect, the vulnerable and elderly/high-risk. We shifted the burden to the poor (women, minorities, children) and caused catastrophic consequences for them. We hollowed out portions of our societies. Chang published an informative paper in journal Nature that examined mobility network models of COVID-19 to explain inequities and inform reopening. They found that higher infection rates among disadvantaged racial and socioeconomic groups could be predicted “solely as the result of differences in mobility: we find that disadvantaged groups have not been able to reduce their mobility as sharply, and that the points of interest that they visit are more crowded and are therefore associated with higher risk”. As an example, many children in the US get their one and only meal of the day in school and for many months, hundreds of thousands of US children went without meals.
Yet the café latte, elite laptop class actually benefitted from the lockdowns and settled into a nice cadence of the ‘new normal’. What we did is actually perverse and sickening, with even calls from those more affluent groups to maintain lockdowns as they have ‘settled’ into a structured life. They can walk their dogs when they wish, can tend to the garden, can catch up on some reading, and go for coffee as they wish. The poor were in the worst economic situation to afford the lockdowns and estimates are that it will be decades for them to recover. Wealth disparities placed those who were more vulnerable economically in a difficult position in terms of sheltering from the pandemic. It left them exposed and they paid dearly.
It is difficult to surmount the massive hill Jeff Tucker has set before us to climb in his piece, in terms of the clarity and pain that he cloaks his words with, and the sheer disappointment and agony that drips from his words and so I will focus on a signpost way out. Yet what he, Tucker (our modern-day John Galt/Rand’s Atlas Shrugged) calls for, I agree fully with and I know millions if not billions globally do same. We want clear accountability and we want all those who did this to be held accountable in the right manner in the proper good governance forum in our societies. Lives were lost, tens of thousand, due to these unscientific, nonsensical, and specious lockdowns and policies including the vaccines. These craven lockdown lunatics must be held to account.
Where do I begin as I lay out the 14 key steps that I think are critical to leave this COVID nightmare behind and to re-emerge. I clarify what I wrote prior for now I am even more informed by specialist experts, serious thinkers and humanitarians like Kulldorff, Atlas, Hatfill, McCullough, Risch, Hodkinson, Bhattacharya, Gupta, Tucker, Heneghan, Navarro, Vanden Bossche, Jefferson, Yeadon, Tenenbaum, Malone, and Wolf. I see the benevolence of people like Jeff Hanson (The UNITY Project out of California). I have near 22 months of technical expertise with COVID now and a much deeper understanding of the issues now in December 2021. I understand what went right and what went wrong and I can write nothing of the former and it is best captured by Tucker who wrote “The madness achieved nothing positive because the virus paid no attention to the edicts and enforcers. Ending social and economic functioning, however, shattered lives in countless ways, and continues to do so.” Yes, we have been living through lunacy and madness! “No one possesses enough expertise to presume the right to restrict other people’s peaceful actions.”
This pandemic was over, it was finished and done 15 to 18 months ago, and now the lockdown lunatics are trying one last gasp. They are relying on vaccine mandates and societal separation, with a depleted Omicron variant (Mueller’s ratchet) to whip up frenzy in an exhausted population. Yet they failed in their attempt to destroy good governance societies but they have left in their path, massive societal destruction and death. Tens if not hundreds of thousands died globally due to the illogical, irrational, specious, unscientific, absurd, and reckless lockdown and school closure policies of Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx. These two as part of the Trump administration (and the former an advisor to the Biden administration) really damaged the US and the rest of the world that followed the US’s lead.
Their arrogance, duplicity, and hubris prevent them from recognizing the sheer magnitude of the disaster they caused and left, like the Roman general Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus salting of the earth around Carthage following the 3rd Punic war. In some sense Scipio may be seen blushing as he witnessed their handicraft handed down from him. Nothing to be left if they had their way. They sought that much carnage on people, in their wake. In some sense they achieved that for it will take decades and with some suggesting the next 80 years of the 21st century for the globe to recover from their lockdowns.
Let us not be mistaken these two (Fauci and Birx) with shotgun riders Cuomo, Murphy, Newsom, Whitmer, and Hochul are our modern-day Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and have visited famine, pestilence, death, and destruction wherever they ride. Never to be outdone, we also have Bourla from Pfizer, Trudeau from Canada, Morrison from Australia, and Alexander Schallenberg from Austria going for the whip to join these devastating horsemen, riding steadily through the night to keep pace.
What is my 14-point plan out of this madness? These are built on the premise of trusting yourself and believing in your own judgement and getting back to a place where you controlled your life and ruled your life. You must wash yourself of Fauci and never again must we give these lockdown lunatics emergency powers like we did here. Ever! We as free people and free thinkers knew what to do and we can do it. My suggested 14-point plan (Table 1) is as follows and you can take from it what you want or discard it entirely but I simply wanted to lay out how I think today in December 2021 (22 months in):
Table 1: 14-point plan to emerge from the lockdown madness
1) Turn off any television or media device that airs CNN and FOX, turn them off, they are near both in the same, in their often spun and deceptive reporting on COVID-19; immediately turn it all off; stop listening to any of the hysterical COVID Task Force advisors, television medical experts, and government technocrats and bureaucrats. Immediately. We have to be courageous and brave and trust ourselves and our instincts to know what is best for us and our family. Not the government as there is always a price to pay and this price is usually your liberties and freedoms.
2) Anytime Dr. Anthony Fauci of NIAID or Dr. Rochelle Walensky of CDC or Dr. Francis Collins of NIH is giving a press conference or interview, turn it off. Listen to not one minute of it! Do not listen to or be guided by anything CDC or NIH has to say on COVID-19; nothing! They have earned our distrust in spades. Never ever allow these craven lockdown type lunatics the emergency powers we gave them, ever!
3) Walk through your home and search all of your belongings and throw away every single blue surgical mask and cloth face mask or any of the COVID-19 masks. Any type of face mask, you burn it. None of them have ever been effective and have been harmful, especially for children. Throw them away, but keep one or two for those instances when you are in the company of a high-risk vulnerable person and this is not only for COVID-19, but for all respiratory type pathogen. You make common sense reasonable decisions on this and guide yourself accordingly based on the circulation about you, the ventilation, and the risks.
4) Demand that early outpatient (ambulatory) drug treatment is available across society and that doctors and pharmacists can prescribe and dispense it. Make sure to keep your own supply in your private homes and demand that nursing homes and long-term care facilities have a treatment protocol in place and an ample supply. Have early treatment options available not just for this virus but for other respiratory viruses that are more lethal than this and can kill the elderly in nursing homes. Estimates are that 90% or 750,000 Americans would be alive today had doctors stopped the therapeutic nihilism and administered early therapeutics to their sick patients.
5) Use common sense precautions and decision making and strongly and properly protect the vulnerable and high-risk in society e.g. in your private homes and in nursing homes and long-term care facilities and any congregated settings. You have done this usually and before and can do it again. This is your responsibility and not that of the government. You never gave it two minds before because the elderly are ‘invisible’ in the society and ‘out of sight, out of mind”. COVID-19 has shown us that nursing homes can become a tinder box and killing field (outbreaks started usually by infected staff who enter the homes) and they do not take care of the elderly, our parents or grand parents. Many thousands died due to sub-optimal improper care e.g. in US, Canadian, UK etc. nursing homes and we must hold nursing homes and all involved accountable.
6) Allow the low-risk ‘healthy’ and ‘well’ in the society, the infants, children, the teens, the young persons, young adults, middle aged persons and even older persons to live normally (as normal as possible), with largely unfettered lives, they taking reasonable precautions with common-sense decisions. Do not ever lock down the healthy and well in a society as it causes devastating harms and deaths.
7) There must be immediate testing of sera for antibodies and also testing for T cell immunity before vaccinating the designated group. This was not done and remains a catastrophic failure. If we are vaccinating the higher-risk persons, we do not vaccinate persons who have active infection or who have recovered from infection, the same way if your child gets the measles infection and get the rash and fever etc., you do not then vaccinate them after they have recovered; you send them to school for they are now immune; bullet proof natural immunity and so use that same logic with Covid-19. There is also the failure to get proper ethical informed consent whereby persons are explained the benefits and the harms of the vaccine. I argue not one person in the entire world to this moment, has gotten proper informed consent.
8) Stop immediately all mass testing of asymptomatic persons and all isolation and quarantining of asymptomatic persons; it is very harmful and does nothing to reduce the transmission; only test and isolate symptomatic ‘sick’ persons who are unwell.
9) Immediately stop all school closures, all lockdowns, all mask mandates, and shelter-in-place policies. They have all failed. Never allow these policies again for these types of illnesses and if schools as an example, demand masks for your children, then be prepared to remove them from schools and use home schooling etc.
10) Implement routine public service announcements on the importance of vitamin D (sun light and supplements) for immune function and not only for COVID-19; also, inform the public using the public health podium on the importance of a healthy lifestyle and body weight (obesity emerged as a super-loaded risk factor for severe COVID).
11) Cease the illogical, irrational, inaccurate, and nonsensical absurdity that Covid-19 vaccine immunity is superior to naturally acquired immunity when the science (the body of evidence with actual studies and expert reports) is clear that natural exposure immunity is broad, robust, durable, mature, long-lasting and similar to if not way superior to the narrow, and immature immunity conferred by the Covid vaccines. A recent article by Scott Morefield at the Brownstone Institute reveals the ridiculousness of the CDC and NIH.
12) The vaccine has failed against Delta (and now omicron variant) and so there must be no vaccine passports (or immunity or antibody passports), as these mandates will constrain the rights of citizens under the questionable guise of safety; the vaccines as designed so far do not protect an individual by the provision of “sterilizing immunity.” By sterilizing immunity we mean that there are neutralizing antibodies and there is no further prospect of either getting infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus after a vaccination nor of passing along the virus to others; the evidence is very clear that the vaccines do no such thing and have failed especially against the Delta variant whereby even the CDC states that the vaccinated and unvaccinated carry virus and can spread; a recent seminal and transformational Israeli study by Gazit et al. has revealed that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity.
13) Implement immediate data safety monitoring, ethics committees, and critical event committees to ensure the proper long-term surveillance of the adverse events and deaths that have occurred due to the COVID-19 vaccines.
14) These COVID-19 vaccines were not properly developed and especially so for safety. Efficacy remains in serious doubt. We cannot ‘exclude harms’ and they are contra-indicated for our children. Do not take these vaccines and while I initially thought that they would be applicable to high-risk seniors, the present lack of efficacy and safety concerns has evolved my thinking and I am calling for a pause/hard stop on all COVID vaccines. We have to assess the safety before proceeding and as such, I also call for no vaccine mandates as there is no difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated in terms of harboring virus and transmitting virus. In fact, the former is presenting as more likely to transmit the virus to vulnerable susceptible persons. If you have not taken any of the vaccines, do not take them. If you have taken a dose (or two), do not take any booster.
In closing, there is and was no justifiable reason for this lunacy that hurt people terribly, and government leaders suffered populations by hardening their failed policies. Moreover, we see the same doctrine being played out with the vaccines as it did for lockdowns and school closures. If it failed or is failing, you lockdown harder and if the vaccine is failing, you vaccinate more and more.
As with lockdowns for when it fails, I presented a 14-point plan above as a guide that hopefully could drive serious debate and reflection. Donald A. Henderson, who was a leader in eradication of smallpox globally, provided us a road map that we failed to follow, when he wrote about the 1957-58 Asian Flu pandemic and stated “The pandemic was such a rapidly spreading disease that it became quickly apparent to U.S. health officials that efforts to stop or slow its spread were futile. Thus, no efforts were made to quarantine individuals or groups, and a deliberate decision was made not to cancel or postpone large meetings such as conferences, church gatherings, or athletic events for the purpose of reducing transmission. No attempt was made to limit travel or to otherwise screen travelers. Emphasis was placed on providing medical care to those who were afflicted and on sustaining the continued functioning of community and health services.”
The medical experts (including television) and their Task Forces were flat wrong! Every decision proved disastrous and they have caused far greater suffering and death from the collateral effects of the lockdowns and restrictions. From everything they did. Medical experts who inform governments should broaden the advisement table and allow other voices to be heard, yet in arrogance and hubris they failed to do this and this costed lives. We must have different perspectives and an open discussion. If it is all about the science, medical decision-makers must follow the data and science and to use it and use critical analysis of the data.
Stopping COVID-19 at all costs is and was not a policy, and it is nonsensical and not attainable. We can never ever get ahead of a mutable respiratory virus that has an animal reservoir and has already breached the borders and seeded across the nation. We particularly can never ever use non-sterilizing vaccines such as the COVID-19 vaccines that are non-neutralizing and as such sub-optimal, that do not stop infection or transmission, and expect to attain population-level herd immunity. Unless we cut the chain of transmission, we cannot get to herd immunity and these vaccines cannot attain this. I am certain of this 100%. If a policy is based on an unattainable goal, pursuing it by every means possible causes great harm to the population.
Donald A. Henderson also wrote, “Experience has shown that communities faced with epidemics or other adverse events respond best and with the least anxiety when the normal social functioning of the community is least disrupted. Strong political and public health leadership to provide reassurance and to ensure that needed medical care services are provided are critical elements. If either is seen to be less than optimal, a manageable epidemic could move toward catastrophe.”
Overall, Henderson messaged to us that several options have always existed for governments of free societies like the US to use so as to mitigate the transmission of pathogens (traditional public health responses which are less intrusive and disturbing), but closing down the society or parts of it is not one of them. He and his team never championed or endorsed lockdowns or school closures as a strategy when confronting epidemics or pandemics for they knew and articulated the devastation that would fall upon societies that were in many instances potentially irrecoverable. We failed to heed his exceptional advice and we failed to properly protect the vulnerable while we locked down and punished the healthy and well ‘younger’ low-risk populations. We did everything backwards and still did not do it right. This pandemic has been over a while now and we must now stand up and take back our freedoms and lives and rebuild from the disaster that the lockdown lunatics caused.