'Omicron SARS-CoV-2 variant: Unique features and their impact on pre-existing antibodies'
by Paul Alexander
We/I/Geert have repeatedly written, the more you keep mass vaccinating using a non-sterilizing vaccine that puts immune pressure directly on the spike protein itself, then you WILL have mutants
Not rocket science…this is near bound to happen…
We have been saying if you MASS vaccinate (and continue to) into a pandemic like now, using a non-sterilizing vaccine as these (do not stop transmission), with massive infectious pressure from virus and immune pressure from mounting sub-optimal vaccinal antibodies, then natural selection will select for more infectious variants and could be more lethal ones that could overcome the immune pressure. We see it playing out now and it will get worse if we do not stop the vaccine, and devastating if we target children. For we will damage their functional healthy innate immune system. The virus responds to the pressure and the dynamics change, it must! It evolves and how do these policy making idiots not understand this? You are putting pressure on the spike with this non-sterilizing sub-optimal vaccine, and the virus (spike) is adapting, and the key deficit is that the vaccine is based on the initial Wuhan spike, not the current Omicron spike so how is good heavens can this vaccine work???? Just keep mass vaccinating with this failed vaccine and you will get more mutations and variants…if that's what you desire.
• Phylogenetically SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant is closely related to the Gamma variant.
• There are a total of 46 high prevalent mutations throughout the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant.
• Twenty three of the 46 mutations, which is more than any previously emerged variant belong to the S protein.
• Twenty-three of the 46 mutations are a markedly high number of mutations than has been previously reported for the S protein of other emerging variants.
• A significant number of mutations are at the antibody binding surface of S protein.