POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP, MCMASTER UNIVERSITY, HAMILTON, ONTARIO (APRIL 2015 TO MAY 2016)
Under supervision of Dr. Gordon Guyatt (founder of evidence-based medicine/EBM and GRADE) working within the field of evidence-based medicine, GRADE, guideline development, and research methods.
MCMASTER UNIVERSITY, HAMILTON, ONTARIO (MARCH 2015 THESIS DEFENSE)
Doctorate completed, PhD, Health Research Methods and Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, with an additional focus on evidence-based medicine (2012-2015)
The research focused on all aspects of research methods, evidence synthesis, guideline development, use of GRADE methods, systematic reviews, randomized controlled trial, meta-analyses design, conduct, network meta-analysis conduct and others.
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, OXFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND (2008 TO 2011)
Master of Science degree (MSc) Graduate student/research degree in Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM)/clinical epidemiology completed.
Evidence-based medicine, research methods/design, advanced statistical analysis techniques, design and conduct of randomized controlled trials, design and conduct and interpretation of systematic reviews and meta-analysis, decision analysis, advanced research design and methods.
LONDON SCHOOL OF HYGIENE AND TROPICAL MEDICINE LSHTM (2008)
Epidemiology Fundamentals (e) course-Continuing Professional Development
A focus on measures and statistical approaches/terminology in epidemiological research. Current epidemiology issues in public health, interventional studies, observational studies, and essentially all areas of clinical research.
RYERSON UNIVERSITY, TORONTO, CANADA (SUMMER 2002)
Applied Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Digital Geography
Certificate program course.
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND HYGIENE (BLOOMBERG) (SUMMER 2001)
Medical and Public Health Aspects of Biological Warfare/Bioterrorism & Emergency Preparedness & Management for Global Cities.
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Johns Hopkins, Civilian Institute for Bio-defense Studies, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A. Program. This program involved all aspects of pathogen weaponization, delivery of weaponized pathogen such as anthrax, small-pox, plague etc. into small and large cities, all aspects of public health responses, use of all chemical, biological, radiological/nuclear etc. materials to build weapons for covert and overt use. The program aimed to focus on the public health response to an attack, all epidemiological and societal constraint/control strategies at mitigating the outcome/risk. Warfare/ Bioterrorism& Emergency Preparedness & Management for Global Cities.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO (1999-2001)
Masters of Health Science (MHSc)
Epidemiology/biostatistics and Public Health degree completed. Specialization in epidemiology (infectious diseases/chronic diseases) and public health, community health, biostatistics.
YORK UNIVERSITY (1996-1997): DEPT. OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Masters of Arts (MA)
Health Sciences/Health Psychology level studies, graduate courses completed included advanced statistical analyses techniques and research design methods, study design etc. Transferred to Graduate studies, University of Toronto.
YORK UNIVERSITY (1992-1996): BACHELORS (SPECIALIZED HONORS)
Completed degree and undergraduate courses in statistics, intermediate and advanced statistics, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, biology, psychology, biological psychology, natural sciences, and neurosciences.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS:
- 2014: McMaster University Doctoral Research Scholarship (part of overall funding)
- 2013: McMaster University Doctoral Research Scholarship
- 2012: McMaster University Doctoral Research Scholarship/Fellowship
- 2001-2002: Joint University of Toronto & Ryerson University Full Master’s Graduate Scholarship
- 2000: Graduate Epidemiology & Biostatistics award at University of Toronto
- 2000: Ontario Province OGS Government Scholarship for graduate studies at University of Toronto
- 1999: awarded University of Toronto Open Fellowship
- 1997-1998: Government Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for graduate research at York University
- 1997: awarded York’s Master’s Academic Graduate Studies Scholarship
- 1996: awarded The Governor General’s Academic Medal for Honors University Results, awarded to the University student with the highest academic GPA standing among all graduating students
- 1996: delivered Valedictorian address at York University’s spring Convocation
- 1996: awarded the Atkinson College Students Association Academic Scholarship, York University
- 1995: awarded the Leonard Foundation Scholarship/Award
- 1994: awarded the Leonard Foundation Scholarship
- 1994: Atkinson College Retirees’ Association Award, York University
- 1994: awarded the York University Undergraduate Academic Scholarship